Birthright Israel: Canada Israel Experience
Friends with Special Needs (Ages 18-26)
Trip Dates: Jan. 28 – Feb 7, 2018 departure from Toronto YYZ
Birthright Israel and Canada Israel Experience gratefully acknowledge the support of the Azrieli Foundation for generously funding the Friends with Special Needs trip.
Canada Israel Experience invites Jewish young adults with special needs/developmental challenges and CIE provided accompanying guides to a memorable 10-day Birthright Israel winter experience. This customized program will incorporate as many of the Birthright Israel core elements as are suitable for the group. Canada Israel Experience welcomes accompanying shadows of all faiths who may be family members (not including parents).
Please click HERE to watch our video of our previous special needs trip in 2016.
How do we apply? – Sign up HERE to start your application and get a reminder when registration open!
CLICK HERE to be redirected to the Birthright Israel registration page where you will fill out an application
We recommend registering within the first week of registration opening as spaces fill quickly
- Complete the 5 step application for/with the applicant
Pay the $250 refundable deposit (+$10 non-refundable handling fee)
- Confirm your email address
- You will then receive a step 2 email from Canada Israel Experience where additional information is required
Unique highlights include:
- Comfortable and pleasant weather to experience Israel
- Smaller group size with suitable staff to participant ratio
- Accompanying guides will update parents every 2-3 days
- Customized itinerary to suit the group
- A special Facebook group designed for parents and accompanying guides to receive updates before and during the trip, see photos, and communicate with one another.
- $250 full refundable deposit (+$10 non-refundable handling fee)
- Every participant and accompanying guide must purchase overseas medical insurance for the duration of the 10-day trip
- Participants outside of Toronto are eligible to receive a partial travel reimbursement from their hometown provided the criteria outlined in this document are met. The reimbursement is not based on the amount paid to travel to/from Toronto but is a set amount based on the city/region of origin per the information in the linked document.
- Spending money for participant and accompanying guide (to cover 1 meal a day and souvenirs, recommended $450 CDN)
INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO BE A CIE ACCOMPANYING GUIDE?
We would like to extend a tremendous opportunity to anyone working in a special needs field, to travel to Israel for free, on a 10-day Birthright Israel experience of a lifetime. You will be guiding individuals with cognitive disabilities, during this hands on assisting opportunity. We believe this trip will be an enormous advantage for you in your current field of study or career development. If you are currently enrolled in a special needs field of study, we welcome you to apply as well.
For more information on how to apply to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, please contact Canada Israel Experience today:
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Ayelet Bercovich | Director of Registration
Canada Israel Experience Groups & Birthright Israel 416-398-6931 Ext. 5344 | firstname.lastname@example.org